STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — As the spring season approaches, spring cleaning is a great way to start fresh. Molly Maid's Lisa Johnson stopped by KCAL9 to dish out her best spring cleaning tips.
In this day in age, having a clean home is not always a priority. With the tips and tricks from Molly Maid cleaning professionals, taking on the spring cleaning mission will be easier than ever, and residents can once again take pride in their fresh, clean homes.
The cleaning experts at Molly Maid are encouraging homeowners to take on the dreaded task of spring clean up. With the help of Molly Maid, a home that was closed up all winter can be spruced up in no time. Organizing the task of cleaning, both practically and psychologically, can reduce the stress and frustration that is often associated with spring cleaning.
Molly Maid has developed a strategic method to help break down the huge chore of cleaning the entire house into realistic tasks and goals.
Molly Maid's Top Tips:
• Create a flexible, comprehensive plan and put it in paper. Following a plan that is in writing is easier to stick to as opposed to following a plan from memory. Decide when to clean, stick to it and build that time into a schedule.
• Don't try to tackle the whole house at once, otherwise you'll get frustrated and procrastinate. Instead, set a goal to thoroughly clean one or two rooms every couple of days.
• Gather all chemicals needed before you begin cleaning and carry them from room to room as you go. This prevents unnecessary trips back and forth to your supply cabinet.
• Spring is a great time to inspect and clean window treatments. Whether you need to wash blinds, send drapes and sheers to the dry cleaners, or throw washable curtains into the washing machine, getting your window treatments clean after a long, dark winter can brighten an entire room.
• Dust first – then vacuum! Crumbs, pet hair, etc. will fall to the floor as you're cleaning. Instead of dusting and vacuuming bedrooms one at a time, first dust and then vacuum all the bedrooms on each level. It saves time.
For more information, visit Molly Maid.
for more features.