LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Miguel Cotto (40-4, 33 KOs) and former WBC and WBA Super Welterweight World Champion Canelo Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) completed their final press conference yesterday at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas ahead of their Nov. 21 world championship showdown.
Cotto vs. Canelo is shaping up to be the biggest fight in boxing this year.
Below is what the fighters had to say at the final main event press conference on Wednesday.
"We are hours away from the fight. We had a great training camp in Los Angeles for several weeks. All I have to say is that I am ready for the fight. I know that Canelo is ready too. Let's give the fans the fight they need from us," Cotto said.
"Thank you all for the support you've given me and this great event. Also, the reception that each and every one of you have given to me, I'm very grateful. I've had a great preparation," Alvarez said.
"I've worked very hard. I am patiently waiting for Saturday night to have my hand raised in victory once again. It's going to be a difficult fight, I know that, but that is why I prepared properly, and I am ready to give a great fight" Canelo added.
Cotto wasn't afraid to bring his trash talk to the press conference as well, saying, "I don't need a belt to fight Canelo".
Mauricio Sulaiman, the President of the WBC, added "I am proud to celebrate this highly anticipated match between two icons representing their countries, their legacy and their pride."
In case you missed it, Oscar De La Hoya and Jay-Z made a $100,000 wager on the fight earlier in Novemeber.
for more features.