DETROIT (WWJ) - The national Zagat restaurant rating service has released its 2013 rankings, naming the top 10 spots for food in metro Detroit.
The rankings are compiled from scores submitted by the public, which rates restaurants on food, service, décor and price. This year's results drew more than 225,000 participants nationwide, compared with about 145,000 in the last rankings, which were released in 2010.
Taking the highest honor on the list is Detroit's Supino Pizzeria. A Zagat spokesperson said voters gave Supino's popular thin-crust pizzas and other food a score of 29 out of a possible 30 points.
Rounding out metro Detroit's Top 10 restaurants for 2013 are:
2. Moro's Dining -- an Italian steakhouse in Allen Park
3. The Lark -- a white-tablecloth continental restaurant in West Bloomfield
4. Common Grill -- a modern American restaurant in Chelsea
5. West End Grill -- a modern American restaurant in Ann Arbor
6. Union Woodshop -- a barbecue restaurant in Clarkston
7. Texas de Brazil -- part of a national Brazilian steakhouse chain in downtown Detroit
8. Roast -- a modern American steakhouse owned by celebrity chef Michael Symon at the Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
9. Assaggi Bistro -- an eclectic Mediterranean restaurant in Ferndale
10. The Hill Seafood & Chop House -- an American restaurant in Grosse Pointe Farms
Zagat says restaurants in places 2-10 scored between 28 and 29 points each for food and are listed in order of finish.
for more features.