Watch CBS News

Warren Hotel Evacuated After Couple, Dog Found Unconscious From Carbon Monoxide

WARREN (WWJ) - A hotel in Warren has been evacuated due to an apparent carbon monoxide leak that sent two people to a local hospital.

Mayor Jim Fouts says a hotel employee at Hawthorn Suites on Van Dyke Ave. knocked on the door of one of the rooms, Monday afternoon.  When no one answered, the employee went inside and found a 60-year-old couple and dog unconscious.

It was determined that the three had suffered from high levels of carbon monoxide poisoning and were in need of oxygen.

The two human victims were rushed to Detroit Receiving Hospital for treatment but were expected to be OK.

Police and fire officials are investigating the cause of the leak. No one else will be allowed inside the building until the investigation is complete.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.