OKEMOS -- On Wednesday, Feb. 6, TechSmith kicks off a collaboration with the Michigan Department of Education by sponsoring Digital Learning Day. This national campaign celebrates teachers and shines a spotlight on the effective use of technology in classrooms across the country.
To date, 46 states and the District of Columbia, and nearly 18,000 teachers have signed up to participate in Digital Learning Day activities throughout the school year.
As a sponsor of Digital Learning Day, TechSmith has created a Digital Toolkit on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/techsmithedu/) featuring programs and applications that will inspire students and teachers to begin thinking digitally. This toolkit includes several of TechSmith's screen capture products that are used widely by educators, including Snagit and Camtasia. It also showcases tools for sharing and social collaboration and offers several learning resources for teachers and administrators.
From open houses to training sessions, there are many ways to become involved with Digital Learning Day:
• On Feb. 6, TechSmith, The Flipped Learning Network and the Michigan Department of Education are partnering with Clintondale High School to host a Flipped Classroom Open House. Attend to see the impact technology can have on students at a financially disadvantaged school district.
• Learn more about the "Look! I'm Learning!" project sponsored by the Michigan Department of Education and how you can get involved
• Learn how students are teaching each other by watching educational videos made on Mathtrain.TV. Eric Marcos, a sixth grade mathematics teacher at Lincoln Middle School in Santa Monica, Calif., integrates purposeful-technology with a "kids teaching kids" model. Using screencasting software, Marcos' students create math video lessons, called mathcasts, which are used in classroom instruction and for class podcasts.
• Learn how to flip the classroom in 30 days through The Flipped Institute's training sessions. They demonstrate how to transform any class and add a powerful way for students to interact with video while learning at school and at home.
• Attend an education conference! TechSmith will be at several upcoming education conferences including TCEA and ISTE.
To learn more about Digital Learning Day and see how students, parents, administrators, and others can participate, visit http://www.DigitalLearningDay.org. If you have questions or want to share your Digital Learning experience, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1987, TechSmith provides practical business and academic software tools and services. TechSmith's solutions enable users to capture, record and enhance digital content so they can share information and knowledge in compelling multimedia formats, and allow others to observe, analyze and learn from their experiences. TechSmith products are used by 99 percent of the Fortune 500. Visit www.TechSmith.com for more information.
for more features.