SAGINAW -- Morley Cos. Inc. has acquired the AT&T office complex at 4075 Bay Road in Saginaw Township.
The 229,000-square foot complex sits on 12.5 acres at the corner of Bay and McCarty roads, just a few blocks from Morley's existing 200,000-square-foot headquarters at One Morley Plaza, on the corner of Fashion Square Boulevard and Schust Road.
The building, which was originally constructed as a Midwestern headquarters for information technology and customer contact services, will accommodate Morley's growing pipeline of future projects.
"We're planning an additional multimillion dollar investment in the facility and its technology to customize it to suit our specific needs," said Morley executive vice president Christopher J. Furlo, who indicated that the facility will accommodate more than 1,000 additional associates. Morley plans to occupy its new space as early as this summer.
"Morley is one of the area's fastest growing companies, and we are very pleased it is continuing its expansion in Saginaw Township," said Tim Braun, Saginaw Township Supervisor.
"The hundreds of jobs being created are a blessing to the Great Lakes Bay Region, and Saginaw Township is proud to support Morley's efforts. I believe Morley's expansion reflects the growing strength of our business community and the tremendous opportunities for growth that lie ahead."
This week, Morley anticipates announcing its intent to hire an additional 150 associates to support new client projects and expand the services it provides to existing clients. This is in addition to the company's recruiting efforts of more than 130 people over the past several weeks. Applicants are encouraged to visit www.morleynet.com/careers to view all opportunities, which include positions in Morley's interactive contact centers, social media center, human resources, information technology, and business theater/multimedia productions group. Morley also seeks certified auto technicians for one of its technical assistance centers.
"When we announced this spring that we were moving our local AT&T employees into downtown Saginaw, we also wanted to do all we could to ensure our vacated offices on Bay Road would be put to good use, housing investment in the community's economy," said Jim Murray, president of AT&T Michigan. "Morley has been a great partner in making that happen and its announcement today is another in a series of positive economic stories for the Saginaw area."
Morley's products and services fall into six categories:
* Group travel: Group travel incentives, individual travel incentives, meetings, training events, small meetings and an event management system
* Business theater: Meeting productions
* Interactive: Vehicle services processing, legal settlements, program headquarters services, human resource support services, technical help desk, social media services, sales and marketing support services, and research, data collection and reporting and analysis
* Research: Data collection, reporting and analysis
* Exhibits, displays and experiences: Exhibit design and build services, custom modular displays and exhibits, portable displays and exhibits, permanent exhibitions and installations, mobile marketing experiences and auto show services
* Performance improvement; Program design, reporting and analysis, award fulfillment and performance-based training
for more features.