Entering its 31st year as an international event, the NAIAS is among the most prestigious auto shows in the world. Get up close and personal with the world's autos. From exotic cars like Tesla's electric-drive sportscar to the latest in mainstream models, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
Press Preview: Jan. 14-15
Wed., Jan. 16 from noon to 9 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 17 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 18 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 19 – Sat, January 27 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sun., Jan, 22 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The debut of many never-before-seen cars and trucks.
Detroit is where future mobility innovations meet the pavement. With the largest concentration of the world's top automotive and technology executives, designers, engineers, and thought leaders, the North American International Auto Show serves as the global stage for companies to debut brand-defining vehicles and industry-shaping announcements.
NAIAS is unmatched in the industry in presenting six unique shows in one, including The Gallery, an ultra-luxury automotive event, AutoMobili-D, an inside look at future mobility platforms, Press Preview, Industry Preview, Charity Preview and then concluding with a nine-day Public Show.
The Official NAIAS App has the latest breaking automotive news, photos, videos, live stream video coverage of new vehicles and concept cars unveilings, official Twitter updates from NAIAS on new products and show events, and a map to the show floor.
Plus, you'll find everything you need to know about show times, tickets and parking.
Cobo Quick Facts
- $299 million upgrade
- 722,500 sq ft of exhibit space
- One of the largest contiguous exhibit floor spaces in North America
- 19th largest convention center in the U.S.country
- 80 meeting rooms
- 180,000 square feet of meeting space
Know Before You Go
Don't forget your ID it will be required to pick-up tickets.
Hours and Early Admission - Don't get left out! The main floor is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. There will be no admittance after 9 p.m. The final day closes early at 7 p.m. with no admittance after 6. Early access for handicapped individuals at 8 a.m at the Oakland entrance.
Cobo Center - Map
1 Washington Boulevard Detroit, MI 48226
From Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Take I-94 eastbound to the Lodge Freeway (M-10) south
- Take the Lodge south to the Larned Street exit
- Go east on Larned to Cobo Center
From I-75 (north of Detroit)
- Take I-75 southbound to I-375, to westbound Jefferson Avenue
- Follow Jefferson to Cobo Center
From I-75 (south of Detroit)
- Take I-75 northbound to Exit 49 toward M-10/Southfield/Downtown/Civic-Cobo Center
- Take the exit on the left toward M-10/Lodge Freeway/Civic Center
- Take the M-10 S exit toward Civic Center/Cobo Center
- Merge onto MI-10 southbound/John C Lodge Freeway
- Take the Larned Street exit, Exit 1B, on the left toward Cobo Center
- Stay straight to go onto West Larned Street
- Turn right onto Washington Boulevard - Cobo Center will be on the right
2. Joe Louis Arena Garage - 900 West Jefferson - Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
3. Millennium Garage - 432 W. Congress - Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
For a complete list check out NAIAS' parking map.
Detroit People Mover - A convenient method of rail transportation in the downtown Detroit area, Detroit People Mover stops are usually a short walk from most parking lots and Cobo Center/NAIAS 2011 is one of the stops on its route. The cost is $1.50 per person.
Food And Drink
Healthy Alternatives - Organizers are offering more family-friendly and healthy options for show attendees. Learn more
International Cafe (10 p.m. – 8 p.m. daily) - Down the escalator, at the south end of the main concourse you'll find a food court next to the ride and drive EcoXperience track. Options include dishes from Andiamo's and Detroit Beer provided by The Vu Restaurant plus a sandwich and pizza stand, a snack store and a Baskin Robbins stand.
What To Bring
Comfortable shoes - Don't wear your brand new dress shoes. The show floor is huge and your feet will remind you at the end of the day.
Video and still cameras - Capturing the beauty of these cars will be something you can take home with you and it won't cost a dime past your admission fee.
Industry preview - $110
Children under 12 will not be admitted during the industry preview.
Charity preview - $400
Public show - $14
Group tickets - $9 (30 or more)
Seniors - $7 (65 and older)
Children - $7 (7-12 years old)
Children 6 and under - admitted free with supervision
Buy tickets at Cobo or online.
Ticketing Office Address
1900 West Big Beaver Road Suite 100
Troy, MI 48084
Follow @NAIAS on Twitter.
Information courtesy of the North American International Auto Show. For more visit the official site.
for more features.