Motorists traveling to downtown Detroit on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and for America's Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday, Nov. 22 should note the following road closures:
Woodward Avenue will have one lane going northbound and one lane going southbound from Warren to Mack/Myrtle from noon to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21. This section of Woodward will be closed completely from Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. through Thursday, Nov. 22 at 2 p.m.
Woodward Avenue from Mack/Myrtle to Jefferson will be shut down at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21, except for patrons frequenting the Fox Theater and parade personnel.
THANKSGIVING STREET CLOSINGS 2012 - 2
The following streets will have limited access beginning at noon on Wednesday, Nov. 21:
• Garfield from Woodward to John R
• Canfield from Cass to John R
• Willis from Cass to John R
• Alexandrine from Cass to John R
• Selden from Woodward to Cass
• Parsons from Woodward to Cass
• Davenport from Woodward to Cass
• Mack/Myrtle from Cass to John R
The following streets will be closed beginning at 6 a.m. on Nov. 22 for the Turkey Trot:
• Fort Street from Shelby to Woodward
• Congress from Shelby to Randolph
• Larned from Shelby to Randolph
• Shelby from Fort to Jefferson
• Michigan from Vernor to Woodward
• Monroe from Woodward to Randolph
• Lafayette Blvd. from Washington Blvd. to Griswold
• Washington Blvd. from Adams to Civic Center
• Atwater from Bates to Third
• Rosa Parks from Michigan to Howard
In addition, motorists should be aware of the following:
• Southbound Lodge Freeway exit to Larned will be closed from 7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
• Shelby will be converted to one way southbound from Michigan to Larned
• Michigan Avenue and Washington Blvd. will reopen after the Turkey Trot at approximately 9:05 a.m.
for more features.