Tori Mason is an Emmy-award winning reporter and fill-in anchor at CBS Colorado. She's a proud graduate of Louisiana State University - Manship School of Mass Communications.
Tori fell in love with journalism while interning in the sports department at WAFB in Baton Rouge. She began her career at WIBW-TV, the CBS affiliate in Topeka, Kansas.
She joined CBS Colorado in 2017 where she started as a morning reporter. Her coverage of the Thornton Walmart shooting earned her an Emmy the same year.
Her reporting on the Denver restaurant, Pizzability, brought national attention to the struggles of differently abled workers.
RELATED: See The Whole CBS News Colorado Team
Today she's most proud of her work that led to multicultural hair products being unlocked from cases in major stores nationwide.
Tori is the Vice President of the Denver Press Club and serves on the board of the Colorado Association of Black Journalists.
In her free time, Tori loves exploring new restaurants and tap dancing in the station garage. She is a proud dog mom to Natty, her rescue she named after LSU's 2019 Championship win.
Read Tori Mason's latest articles.
Just The Facts
• Year hired: 2017
• Alma Mater: Louisiana State University - Geaux Tigers!
• Why I am journalist: I get to expose the bad and highlight the good
• Most memorable interview: Parker Monhollon (look her up)
• Dream interview: Marshawn Lynch
• Role model: Oprah
• Dream Job: Oprah's assistant
• Job you would never attempt: Flight attendant
• Star sign: Libra
• Hidden talent: Tap dancing
• Favorite musician: The Weeknd
• Hometown: Orlando
• Favorite food: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
• Number of siblings: I'm the youngest of 3 (by ten years!)
• Favorite writer: Maya Angelou
• Favorite vacation spot: My parent's house
• What one word best describes CBS: Genuine
• Least favorite household chore: FOLDING LAUNDRY
• Least favorite noise: Microwave beeping
Send an email to Tori Mason by selecting her name from the pulldown menu below:
for more features.