CHICAGO (CBS) -- Chicago Public Schools students get a treat ahead of the first day of school. Some of the city's museums and cultural institutions are offering free admission.
Free museum days run from Aug. 28 through Sept. 3. All CPS students are eligible for free general admission with student ID, or a copy of their spring 2016 report card. They will also get free admission for one adult. Some museums will allow free admission for the entire family.
There are 10 participating institutions:
• Adler Planetarium
• Art Institute of Chicago
• Chicago History Museum
• DuSable Museum of African American History
• The Field Museum
• Lincoln Park Zoo
• Museum of Contemporary Art
• Museum of Science & Industry
• National Museum of Mexican Art
• Nat'l Museum of Puerto Rican Arts & Culture
• Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
• Shedd Aquarium
Each day features select museums. For a list of those dates and locations, click here.
for more features.