225 N. Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601
The boutique Hotel Monaco in downtown Chicago takes great care of all its four-legged (flying, crawling or swimming) guests. Taking the term pet-friendly to a new level, Hotel Monaco is one of the best hotels for pets in Chicago. A number of pets are accepted, without size or weight restrictions and for no extra charge.
Pets In The City Package : Pets need to get away and enjoy a little pampering too.
• Overnight accommodations
• Pet bowl and bed for the evening
• Pet massage book
• Pet goodie bag with bottled water, snacks and a Kimpton leash for those long sightseeing walks
• $5.00 of proceeds will be donated to PAWS (Pets Are Worth Saving), a non-profit no-kill humane organization in Chicago
Package must be booked 5 days prior to arrival. Guest is responsible for any damages or pet items taken from the room during stay.
Guppy Love. Can't bring Spot or Kitty with you this time? Not to worry—Hotel Monaco Chicago will bring you a complimentary goldfish to keep you company during your stay. Sometimes a little extra color, companionship and quiet relaxation are all you need. And without any extra effort—our staff is trained to feed and care for the fish—all you need to do is enjoy.
301 E. North Water Street
The Sheraton allows dogs to stay for free. With a size limit of 75 pounds, this is a choice destination for larger dogs.
Dogs are allowed under the following guidelines:
• Dogs are not to exceed 75 pounds.
• Dogs can not be left alone in the guest room at any time.
• Dogs are not allowed in any area where food is served.
• Guest must sign a liability waiver and leave their cell phone number at check-in.
• Cats are not permitted in the hotel.
505 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago IL 60611
For a $100 fee, dogs and cats with no size restrictions are accepted. $50 of the fee is refundable at checkout. Kennels are also available for rent on a first come-first serve basis. Take advantage of their Four Legged Friend Package and the pet fee is waived and donated to the Chicago Canine Rescue.
Four Legged Friend Package
• Pet-Friendly accommodations
• Pet Fee waived and donated to the Chicago Canine Rescue
• Doggie Treats for your pet as a turn down service
• DVD Movie of Marmaduke starring Owen Wilson
The James Hotel
55 E. Ontario Street
Treat your pet to the good life. The James Hotel is a luxurious getaway for both you and your pet. Upon check-in, you'll receive food/water bowls and a bag of treats. A $75 non-refundable pet fee will be charged per stay.
W Chicago Lakeshore
644 N. Lake Shore Drive
Let the pet pal you love travel in luxury with you at W Hotel. Whether checked in for work or play, what could be more wonderful than snuggling up with your favorite furry friend during your stay?
At check-in, you'll receive a Welcome packet with the following items, designated for either a dog or cat:
• Pet toy
• Pet treat
• W Hotels pet tag
• Clean-up bags
• Welcome letter with information about special pet services available through Concierge and a list of items available at Whatever/Whenever
Upon entering the room, you'll find the following:
• Custom W pet bed
• Food & water bowl with floor mat
• Pet-in-room door sign
• Special treat at Turndown
The following services can be arranged by contacting our Concierge:
• Locations of the nearest Dog Parks & Dog Runs
• Grooming Services
• Pet Stores
• Specialty Pet Stores
• Birthday Cake
WHATEVER / WHENEVER
The following items are available from Whatever/Whenever:
• Dog & Cat Toys
• Dog & Cat Food
• Dog & Cat Treats
• Wee Pads
• Litter Boxes
• Waste Removal Bags
• Bow-ow Box & Meow-ow Box (pet first aid kits)
In addition, the W Lakeshore has many associates who are comfortable with dogs and will be happy to take them for a walk upon request.
Please be advised that the room rate with a pet is $25 above the room charge plus a non-refundable $100 cleaning fee. Only one pet is allowed per room at no more than 40lbs.
--Lauren Wulf, CBS Local Chicago
for more features.