Watch CBS News

Massive fire at Methuen home may have been started by overheated lawnmower

Overheated lawnmower may have caused massive fire in Methuen
Overheated lawnmower may have caused massive fire in Methuen 00:28

METHUEN -- A massive fire that may have been started by an overheated lawnmower ripped through a house in Methuen on Monday. 

The home, which is located on Woodburn Drive, is considered a total loss.

The Methuen fire department said all residents were able to get out quickly. While the official cause of the fire is still under investigation, the department says the fire was likely sparked from an overheating lawnmower that was parked underneath the shed.

The house next door had parts of its siding damaged by the heat of the flames.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated when more information becomes available. 

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.