Watch CBS News

Family Wants Answers After Girl Was Bullied At NH School

MANCHESTER, N.H. (CBS) - A New Hampshire family is demanding a principal step down for failing to protect a sixth grade girl from bullies.

"I didn't even realize I had my tooth out until I was in the nurse. I was like 'where is this blood coming from?'" said Morgan Graveline, the sixth grader.

Morgan Graveline is only 12 years old, but she tells a chilling tale of being viciously attacked and punched by a 14-year-old boy in an assault that gave her a concussion, knocked out two teeth and left several more teeth loose.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030's Bernice Corpuz reports.


"He hit me like twice in the mouth because my tooth went through my lip," said Morgan.

The attack happened at McLaughlin Middle School in Manchester, New Hampshire in the cafeteria. Morgan had rejected the boy's advances, and he retaliated.

WBZ-TV's Jim Smith reports.

"I remember the first punch coming at me, and then I don't remember a lot of it, and I don't know for some reason. I can't remember. I was like walking out of the cafeteria there was blood everywhere dripping on my hand and stuff," said Morgan.

It turns out the boy and his friends had been bullying Morgan for quite a while, and two weeks ago she was punched on a school bus. She said she went to a guidance counselor and the school's headmaster, and nothing was done.

"I feel like they really did not do anything to help protect her. Those boys were not removed from the bus when she was hit on the bus. I was never notified," said Morgan's mother, Danielle Gauthier.

See: Danielle's Blog About Her Daughter's Assault

Morgan's family is calling for the removal of the principal at the McLaughlin School. In the meantime, the school superintendent is promising a complete investigation.

In a statement, the superintendent said, "Violence will not be tolerated in our schools and there are consequences for individuals who do not comply with the district's policies and/or the student code of conduct."

Manchester Police are also investigating, but the fear remains.

"She has nightmares when she talks about it she starts shaking. She trembles," said Gauthier.

"I'm just scared because a couple of days ago I saw him. He was walking down the street right here," said Morgan.

Morgan's mom has already taken action. When classes resume next week, Morgan will be at a different school.

Her mother is also shocked that an ambulance wasn't called that day Morgan was left bleeding. The family is considering legal action.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.