BOSTON (CBS) ---- The House of Blues reopened Thursday, two days after three people are suspected of overdosing on a drug called "Molly."
During a Tuesday show by electronica superstar Zedd, police say Brittany Flannigan and two others apparently overdosed. Flannigan later died.
The 19-year-old from Derry, New Hampshire was a Plymouth State student.
Her sister tells WBZ-TV, Flannigan was at her first concert.
But while Molly may be new and scary to parents, we found it's already well-known to the students in this city.
Related: What Is Molly?
Lt. Detective Robert Merner says the drug is popular among college students.
"It's very popular in college bars, it's very popular in the techno crowd, but it's also popular in pop culture as well as rappers and things like that," he says.
But with the 18-to-24 crowd, the head of the Boston Police Drug Unit calls Molly the millennial generation's ecstasy and is now moving out of the clubs and into the mainstream.
Molly can be taken in pill form, snorted or mixed with drinks.
It's fairly inexpensive and a lot of users wrongly think it's not dangerous.
"People have to be aware that this is extremely dangerous, and when we're talking about the age of the users, we're not talking about people who have a lot of experience with drugs," Merner said.
Seizures of Molly are up in the city and BPD plans to be more proactive, working with clubs and promoters, and educating young people.
"As a couple of the young officers said to me, I think you will see more of it rather than less of it in the future," Merner said.
Thursday afternoon, police say they busted a person dealing Molly on the Boston Common.
Next week the city is holding a hearing with the House of Blues to address the overdoses.
The club has several past violations and in 2010, its liquor license was suspended for four days.
for more features.