Watch CBS News

10-year-old boy stuck in chimney of Massachusetts home saved by firefighters

10-year-old boy stuck in Whitman chimney rescued
10-year-old boy stuck in Whitman chimney rescued 01:42

WHITMAN - A curious 10-year-old boy got stuck inside a chimney at his home in Massachusetts and firefighters were called in to get him out.

It happened at a house on Harvard Street in Whitman around 4 p.m. Wednesday.

Whitman boy chimney
Firefighters rescued a 10-year-old boy who got stuck in a chimney in Whitman CBS Boston

A spokesperson for the Whitman Fire Department told WBZ-TV the boy had crawled out of a second story window and then, for some unknown reason, climbed into the chimney and ended up stuck.

Pictures from the rescue showed he was in the chimney up to his waist.

Two firefighters got the boy out quickly. He wasn't hurt. The family did not want to talk about what happened.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.