BALTIMORE (WJZ) -- While the focus in recent weeks has been on the coronavirus, dozens of Marylanders have died from influenza-related illnesses this flu season.
The latest report from the Maryland Department of Health shows 45 adults and five children have died since the flu season began in October.
- Coronavirus In Maryland: What We Know
- Coronavirus-Related Closings
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- LIST: EPA Releases Names Of Disinfectants You Can Use Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here's What To Watch Out For
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
Statewide, 3,625 people have been hospitalized due to the flu since October, with more than one-third of them being aged 65 or older.
Forty-two of the hospitalizations happened during the second week of March, the last week for which data was available.
for more features.