FREDERICK COUNTY, Md. (WJZ)—Multiple students were hospitalized Wednesday morning after police say they ingested prescription medication supplied by one of their classmates.
Frederick County Sheriff's Office responded just after 11:00 a.m. to Oakdale High School located on Eaglehead Drive for a reported drug overdose.
Police say five female students became ill after they ingest prescription drugs supplied at by a 15-year-old student.
Four of the students were transported to Frederick Memorial Hospital. One of the victims was released to a parent.
Sheriff's Deputy First Class Amanda Hatcher says the hospitalized students are conscious and alert, and are expected to survive. She says the prescription drugs they took include Ambien and Adderall.
Police say charges are pending and they are continuing their investigation.
for more features.