Watch CBS News

Construction Worker Dies Of CO Poisoning In Woodlawn Home

WOODLAWN, Md. (WJZ) -- A 55-year-old man was found dead Wednesday morning of an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a Woodlawn home.

Baltimore County police identified him as Broca Celaya Gerardo of the 3900 block of Parkview Ave of Gwynn Oak.

He was a construction worker who stayed late to work in home being renovated in the 7300 block of Windsor Mill Rd.

Fire officials responded around 9 a.m. and their gas meters went off as soon as they entered the home -- indicating lethal levels of the deadly carbon monoxide gas.

The highest-levels were found on the second floor of the two-story home. Gerardo was found in the basement.

Fire officials believe the gas-powered generator may have been the source of the deadly CO gas.

There were no CO detectors in the home because it was under renovation.



View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.