BALTIMORE (WJZ)—At least four people are dead after a violent weekend in Baltimore leaves 20 people shot, including a toddler as young as 3-year-old.
Shots rang out early Friday morning in the 1800 block of North Calvert Street. A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg and stomach. Police say he later died from his injuries.
More than 24 hours later, gunfire erupted across the city.
- 1 SHOT/KILLED: 3:10 A.M.—30-year-old Danny Barnes shot in the leg, stomach in the 1800 block of North Calvert street.
- 2 SHOT: 11:21 P.M. – An 18-year-old man and a 27-year-old man were both shot in the arm in the 4300 block of Seminole Ave.
- 1 SHOT/KILLED: 1:08 P.M.: A 26-year-old man was shot in the unit block of South Carey Street.
- 2 SHOT: 6:31 P.M. An 8-year-old boy and an adult were shot in the 2200 block of Wilkens Ave.
- 8 SHOT: 8:31 P.M.: 8 people were shot, including a 3-year-old girl in the 700 block of East Preston Street.
- 1 SHOT/KILLED: 2:03 A.M.: 26-year-old Lamell Stukes was gunned down in the 100 block of North Smallwood St.
- 1 SHOT: 12:28 P.M.: A 68-year-old man was shot near in the 1300 block of East Lanvale St.
- 1 SHOT: 1:57 P.M.: A 28-year-old man was shot in the arm in the 4300 block of York Road
- 1 SHOT: 4:02 P.M.: A 24-year-old man was shot in the arm and torso in the 600 block of North Calhoun St.
- 1 SHOT/KILLED: 5:44 P.M.: A man was shot in the chest in the 4300 block of Park Heights Ave.
- 1 SHOT: 5:42 P.M.: A 27-year-old was shot in the 2900 block of Arunah Ave.
Police responded to the 700 block of East Preston Street after eight people were shot, including a 3-year-old toddler. All eight victims are expected to survive.
Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis tells WJZ that "this was a planned, premeditated act of retaliatory violence."
Police said that were three shooters, with one coming up an alley and two coming up the street, all who shot at group of people, with a father and young daughter standing some feet away.
"Two of the shooters were armed with handguns, and one of the shooters we believe was armed with a long gun of some sort, we believe was a shotgun," said Commissioner Davis.
Police say they believe this shooting may be linked to another incident from over Labor Day weekend, where a man was killed and two other were wounded. Two women were charged in that case.
Just an hour before octuple shooting, police say an 8-year-old and another man were shot in the the 2200 block of Wilkens Ave. They too, are expected to survived.
By Sunday night, six additional people were injured by gunfire, two of them died from their injuries.
Police are asking anyone with any information to call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP.
for more features.