PALO ALTO (KCBS) -- In the 2009-10 school year, six students associated with the Palo Alto School district killed themselves.
The culture of Silicon Valley is unique and suicide is a complex issue, as KCBS's Margie Shafer tells us in Part 1 her special report: Beyond the Fingerpointing.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Here are some of the warning signs of suicide:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
for more features.