SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) -- The latest storm systems are set to impact the San Francisco/Monterey Bay Area this weekend, with the greatest impact expected to push inland on Saturday.
Strong and gusty southerly winds will develop Friday with isolated showers ahead of the approaching system by Saturday morning and persist into the evening hours. The heaviest rainfall rates will occur from Saturday afternoon and early evening, along with a wind advisory through 11:00 p.m. Saturday.
Lingering showers will be possible Saturday night into Sunday morning along with a slight chance of thunderstorms. Another around of moderate to potentially heavy rainfall will be possible on Sunday afternoon and evening, however winds will not be as strong.
- A series of potent storm systems will lead to periods of moderate to locally heavy rainfall on Saturday and Sunday.
- Slick roadways will likely cause longer than normal commute/travel times.
- Strong and gusty winds expected on Saturday may result in tree damage or down trees that could lead to isolated power outages.
- While widespread flooding is not currently anticipated, urban and small stream flooding will be possible through the weekend. Please see the Hydrologic Outlook for additional details.
- High confidence in locally heavy rainfall and strong winds on Saturday.
- Moderate confidence in additional widespread rainfall on Sunday.
- A significant change in the weather pattern is expected to begin Friday with the strongest winds and heaviest rainfall likely Saturday afternoon and evening.
- A slight chance of thunderstorms exists on Sunday with additional rainfall possible.
- Heaviest rainfall totals will be over the North Bay and along the coastal ranges.
- Strongest wind speeds will likely occur on Saturday afternoon and evening with gusts of 35 to 40 MPH in many coastal and valley locations while gusts greater than 50 MPH will be likely in the higher elevations. (Please see attached Images.)
- Rainfall amounts through Sunday night will range from 2" to 3" in most urban and coastal locations (slightly higher in the North Bay and lesser amounts in the southern inland valleys).
- Coastal ranges can expected rainfall amounts to range between 4" to 7" with isolated higher amounts possible.
for more features.