Watch CBS News

2-Alarm Electrical Fire Guts San Leandro Hair Salon, Sends Firefighter To Hospital

SAN LEANDRO (CBS SF) -- A two-alarm electrical fire gutted a San Leandro hair salon and sent a firefighter to the hospital Sunday morning, a fire spokeswoman said.

The fire at the Stylist Hair Salon at 197 Pelton Center Way broke

out around 9:15 a.m., according to county fire spokeswoman Aisha Knowles,

Knowles said the fire was knocked down within 20 minutes of firefighters' arrival.

There was moderate smoke and heat damage to the adjacent business, Betty Tily Nail Spa, Knowles said.

One firefighter was treated at a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Fire investigators have concluded that an electrical malfunction in the salon's facial room caused the fire.

© Copyright 2014 by CBS San Francisco and Bay City News Service. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.