Shoeshiner Wants Help Finding Bike Stolen From In Front Of Sacramento County Jail
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — He built a business that helps put shine on city streets. But not all is bright for Gee Green.
"You know, you want a guy to stay positive," he said. "How much can a guy take?
The shoeshine man says someone stole his bike from the rack right outside the county jail.
"It's in front of the Sacramento County Jail, it's under the surveillance camera. Who's gonna mess with the bike?" he said.
He's angry at the system set up to help him get his bike back. Half of Green's shoeshine business depends on his door-to-door bike service.
Talking with the shoeshine man, who admits he's been on the wrong side of the law before, it's easy to see how he's developed a strong following.
The Sacramento attorney who once deposed President Gerald Ford spotted Green during our interview.
John Virga is a client of Green's. He offered to help him get his bike back.
Bike theft in Sacramento is now so common, Sacramento Police have been setting up bait bikes. They've made 10 arrests so far.
But Green says he's worried nobody cares about his case. He's talked to cops and deputies, but he says he's still waiting for help.
- Police: Elk Grove Coach Arrested For Sending Inappropriate Texts To 16-Year-Old Girl
- Police: Sacramento Couple Was Cooking Meth When Apartment Exploded
- Sacramento Teen Allegedly Stole Street Sweeper, Crashed Into 3 Parked Cars
- Man Accused Of Taking Pictures Of Children Set For Release From Sacramento Jail
- Man Allegedly Rapes Mother, Harasses More Women At Orangevale Walmart
- Crying Newborn Found In Flowerbed At Galt Residence
for more features.