SACRAMENTO COUNTY -- A probation officer who just happened to be in the area alerted a family that their house was on fire in south Sacramento late Wednesday morning.
The incident happened along the 8300 block of Stevenson Avenue. Metro Fire of Sacramento crews responded to the scene.
Firefighters say a Sacramento County probation officer was driving by the neighborhood when they saw some smoke.
The probation officer then jumped into action and alerted the people inside - who apparently had no idea their home was burning.
All six people who were in the home got out safely.
Investigators believe electrical wiring from a chicken coop with lighting by extension cords caused the fire.
for more features.