Watch CBS News

Old Music Store Catches Fire In Citrus Heights

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - A vacant building caught fire on Sunday morning.

The fire broke out around 9:40 a.m. at a strip mall in the 7800 block of Greenback lane in the space that used to house the Northridge Music center.

Firefighters had to break into the building, according to a statement from Sacramento Metro Fire Department.

There was no damage to any nearby businesses, but there was water damage to the unit. Damage from the fire is estimated at $50,000.

The cause is believed to have started in the electrical system.

No injuries were reported.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.