SACRAMENTO (CBS13) - More people have signed a petition to have their names removed from the initiative to place a downtown Sacramento Kings arena on the ballot.
Arena supporters say more than 3,000 people want to get their signatures removed from the petition.
The anti-arena group Sacramento Taxpayers Opposed to Pork (STOP) has been gathering the signatures to force a June vote.
STOP says it has 22,000 signatures, which is enough to meet the requirement. However, those signatures need to be validated.
Seattle's Chris Hansen admitted that he largely funded the STOP campaign after the Fair Political Practice Commission filed a lawsuit in August to reveal the funding source.
- STOP Slams Bribery Accusations in Sacramento Kings Arena Petition Gathering
- Hundreds Of People Petition To Have STOP-Gathered Signatures Removed
- Sacramento Kings Arena Debate Centers Around Public Funding, Chris Hansen's Involvement
- Hansen Revealed As Mystery Donor, FPPC Says Investigation Of Anti-Arena Funds Not Over
- Seattle's Chris Hansen Behind Money Funding Anti-Sacramento Kings Arena Effort
for more features.