Watch CBS News

Kiki's Restaurant In Carmichael Damaged In Fire

CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Crews say a Carmichael restaurant was damaged in an early morning fire on Monday.

Firefighters arrived around 6 a.m. to find smoke coming from the kitchen area of the Kiki's Madison restaurant at the intersection of Madison Avenue and Dewey Drive.

Metro Fire says the fire is believed to be accidental. Fire officials at the scene say it appears rags that were put in a washing machine ignited, causing the fire.

Crews estimate the fire caused about $100,000 in damages to the restaurant.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.