Watch CBS News

Chico Girl, 3, Treated At UC Davis Medical Center For Rattlesnake Bite

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) -- A three-year-old girl is recovering at the UC Davis Medical Center after being bit by a rattlesnake in Chico over the weekend.

Her mom says Alice was helping her dad take out the trash around 10 p.m. Saturday when she was bit.

Alice's parents rushed her to a hospital in Chico before she was flown to UC Davis.

"She was in a lot of pain for a little bit. It was hard for her to calm down," Tia Germar said.  "But they gave her some anti-venom and some pain medication and she's doing a lot better now."

Tia says the girl is now in good spirits and has been enjoying the popsicles at the hospital.

California is home to a total of seven species of rattlesnake, Fish and Wildlife says. A bite from a rattlesnake requires immediate medical attention.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.