Watch CBS News

Residents Suspect Heater To Blame For Carmichael Apartment Fire

CARMICHAEL (CBS13) – Residents of a Carmichael apartment complex had to evacuate early Wednesday morning due to a fire.

It started just before 4 a.m. off Manzanita Avenue, near Coyle Avenue.

People living in the apartment believe it might have started in a heater.

"I could hear it coming through the roof where the heater is," said resident Andrea Mahone. "I was just trying to get my kids out."

Officials say that everyone living in the apartment is now out and safe.

Fire crews remained on scene through the morning hours to make sure the fire is completely out.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.