SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — District attorneys from five California counties are joining in a slack-fill lawsuit against two pharmaceutical companies.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation and Alcon Laboratories are accused of misleading consumers on the packing of their products.
DAs from Sacramento, Shasta, Fresno, Tulare, and Riverside counties are part of the lawsuit accusing the firms of including less product than their package indicates.
This isn't the first time Sacramento County has been part of a slack-fill lawsuit.
In 2011, Sacramento County joined with Yolo, and Fresno counties to sue Harry & David on a similar claim.
A 2008 suit against the maker of Mucinex got the county $100,000 of a $300,000 settlement that was split with Los Angeles and Shasta counties.
- Sacramento County Mom Thankful Son OK After Car Stolen With 5-Year-Old Inside
- UPDATED: Abducted Sacramento Child Found In SoCal; Mother Surrenders
- Single-Bottle Alcohol Ban Plan Upsets Sacramento County Market Owners
- Sacramento Democratic Party Leader Resigns After Tweeting Death Wish For Republican Staffer's Kids
- Husband Arrested In Fatal Rancho Cordova Stabbing
- Sacramento County Deputy Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Teen For Years
for more features.