Watch CBS News

Officials Say Space Heater Caused House Fire In Levittown, Bristol Township

LEVITTOWN, Pa. (CBS) -- A space heater caused a fire that left a home in Levittown, Bristol Township completely destroyed early Tuesday morning, according to fire officials. Crews were dispatched to the scene just after 5:15 a.m. at Ailanthus Lane.

The fire was placed under control about an hour after crews arrived at the scene.

Residents of the house were woken up by smoke alarms and were able to escape. There were no injuries to the residents of  the home or firefighters during the blaze.

Crews Battle House Fire In Levittown, Bucks County

Residents of the home are currently staying with family.

According to officials, the was house insured.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.