Last Updated Oct 7, 2008 2:45 PM EDT
- The Find: Some crystal ball gazing from UK think tank The Chartered Management Institute reveals what the UK business landscape will look like in ten years' time -- and the predicted changes are massive.
- The Source: A recent survey by The Chartered Management Institute.
- 63 percent believe "teams will be more multi-generational" in ten years' time
- 42 percent say "increased numbers of senior women will have changed management styles"
- 63 percent suggest customer participation in business decisions will increase
- 62 per cent predict that environmental concerns and regulation will create products with longer lifecycles
Of course these are only general predictions, but the Institute goes into greater detail in an accompanying podcast and has also organized a session to discuss the long term future of management at its annual conference.
The Question: Read the tea leaves: what's the biggest change we're likely to see in the business landscape (on either side of the Atlantic) in ten years' time?