Last Updated May 17, 2011 11:51 AM EDT
Your Wallet Is Stuffed with Cash and Receipts
You already know that money is rife with germs. A new study has also found that receipts contain high levels of bisphenol A, or BPA — a chemical that has been linked to heart disease, cancer and infertility. BPA migrates to your money when the receipts in your wallet rub against your paper bills, and ends up on your skin when you're reaching for cash.
Solution: Stash your receipts in an envelope, away from your bills — and always wash your hands after handling money and receipts.
More on MoneyWatch
- 4 Things Not to Buy at Costco
- How to Beat Sneaky Supermarket Tricks
- Dirty Money: Toxic Chemicals in Your Wallet?
- Too Frugal? 6 Dumb Money ‘Saving’ Mistakes
- Buying Happiness: A Shopping List