Last Updated Jun 7, 2011 2:37 PM EDT
That's all changed with the arrival of a new Google Calendar feature: appointment slots. With it you can do more than just show clients (and employees) your availability; you can let them book an open time. That's a major time-saver for both parties, and perhaps even a way to attract more customers.
Here's how to set up an appointment slot:
- Sign into Google Calendar.
- Click an open spot in the calendar grid. In the event window that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- Enter all the details for the appointment slot: what it is, which of your calendars it should appear on, and whether it should be a single slot or multiples.
- From there you can finish by clicking Create slots, or click Edit details to modify more settings: location, description, repeating slots, etc. If you want to invite others to attend, use the Add Guests field.
- When you're done, click Save.
Pretty sweet, right? If you've been relying on old-fangled ways of booking appointments -- namely, a phone line and manual calendar entries -- I definitely recommend giving this a try. It's one of the best new Google Calendar features in years.
More on BNET: