Last Updated Nov 13, 2008 12:00 PM EST
- Go to Control Panel.
- Go to Power Options.
- Click Change plan settings for your selected power plan.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Expand Power buttons and lid.
- Expand Start menu power button.
- Change the setting from Sleep to Shut down.
- Click OK.
Featured in Moneywatch
20 of the coolest places to retire in the world
Find out what activities and attractions make these 20 cities and town some of the best places to retire around the world
10 products you should never buy generic
Generics are a great way to save money in lots of cases, but here is a look at some clear exceptions