Chantix made someone shoot me! Drugs that look like candy! GSK's CASSPER ghostwriting program was "a horrible idea"! It all happened in September, 2009. Enjoy:
- Pfizer sued by family of drunk man shot while on Chantix
Dallas musician Carter Albrecht got wasted while on the anti-smoking drug, went berserk, and ended up being shot dead by a neighbor. His family believes Pfizer is to blame.
- 36 medicines that look exactly like candy
Or is it candy that looks like meds? Taste them and find out. (Click to enlarge.)
- Italian police bust Viagra prescription ring
"Five of them caught red-handed," according to news service.
- Ghostwriting is bad? Oh, now you tell me!
The president of the agency that ran GlaxoSmithKline's CASSPER program admits: "The name of the program? In hindsight, it was a horrible idea," he said, adding that "the title was whimsical, not sinister. At that time, around 2000, there were no negative ethical implications associated with the term ghostwriter."
- Fosamax juror threw a chair during deliberations
What the hell is wrong with people? An entire trial derailed because someone learned their manners from reality TV.
- Mystery Lilly poet finds muse in CEO Lechleiter and is also a plagiarist
One commenter on Cafe Pharma was moved to pen some verse: The name we gave is fitting/and helped us to believe/"Lilly" is unsinkable/a long life she will lead ... Another punctures the balloon, however. The poem was ripped off from an earlier one about the Titanic.
- Twilight's Michael Welch to shill for Allergan
The tween vampire movie star will promote Aczone on a web site themed after High School Musical.
- Celebrity dancer Karina Smirnoff speaks out for Shire on how ADHD has impacted her life
Don't take Adderall or Vyvanse. You might end up on Dancing With the Stars.
- Pfizer is nice to gays. So is Lilly.
Big Blue wins top marks in a survey because corporate policy bans discrimination based on "sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression." I guess they didn't meet Reggie Spizzle during their research. Separately, Lilly was recognized for the same thing.
- Novartis wants to implant a chip inside you to tell you when to take your drugs
As long as it also plays MP3s, I don't really mind.