- Even American Apparel's store mannequins have to spread their legs
Blogger notices a predictable theme in the apparel chain's advertising and store-front window campaigns.
- JWT "executes" world's largest cup of tea
Presumably they mean "makes" world's largest cup of tea, but given that the 10-foot high cuppa contains 160 kg of sugar, "executes" may indeed be the correct verb.
- Porn stars who don't use rubbers tell us to use rubbers
SFW video in which performers with their clothes on urge safe sex. Part of a trend in which X-rated video stars appear in ads involving no nudity.
- Euro RSCG: "Are Women the New Men?"
Is this old cliche a new cliche?
- Fashionistas settle with Hells Angels in double-quick time
Alexander McQueen, Saks Fifth Avenue and Zappos end Hells Angels' lawsuit over use of the winged-skull logo and name, which are trademarked.
- Adman will draw your picture even if he's no good at it
"Every day I will give myself 3 minutes away from being a strategist to explore my non-existent artsy side. I will draw a new Twitter avatar of somebody in the advertising community (chosen by the previous day's draw-ee), and draw them in less than 3 minutes. I'm not an artist. At all."
- "There is no off switch on our ass-kicking" Ad agency Tattoo Projects' help-wanted ad has frightening list of job requirements: "Not looking for a bunch of bullshit talk about how you give a damn ... we also do stuff that almost gets us sued - by our clients! WTF? ... We are constantly under the gun and we like it that way."
- Delightful Czech T-Mobile ads show Chuck Norris as a softie
He faints at the sight of a dead fish!
- Must see video: "Don Draper says what?"
Collage of the Mad Men master saying the same word over and over again. Weirdly profound. (Also shows the quietly impressive range of Jon Hamm's acting.)
- Yes, those ads for online video games are basically just porn
So that's what those ubiquitous banners for "Evony" are all about!
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of October
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of September
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of August
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of July
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of June
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of May
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of April
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of March
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of February
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of January
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of December