Last Updated Dec 31, 2010 12:15 PM EST
Here are the 10 Sales Machine posts that generated the most controversy, based upon comments, emails, complaints to my editors, and even the occasional death threat. Enjoy!
- Worst Brand Disasters of the Decade. What do Arthur Andersen, Bush, Islam, The Pope, and Wall Street have in common? They were all train-wrecks in brand equity.
- Apple Marketing's Top 10 Dumb Mistakes. One of the dumbest beliefs in business is that Apple's marketing is responsible for the firm's success. Here are ten big blunders.
- Top 10 Dumb Reasons Apple Beat Microsoft. Apple's market capitalization grew larger than Microsoft because Microsoft screwed up... not because Apple had great marketing.
- 5 Dangerous Marketing Myths. Everything that you thought you knew about marketing is probably wrong. Here's the unvarnished truth, and it's why so many marketing people dislike this blog.
- Top 10 Reasons Ayn Rand was Dead Wrong. It's unbelievable that people still believe in the washed-out philosophy of this wigged out woman, even after it's been proven to be pernicious nonsense.
- Top 5 Highly-Paid But Useless Corporate Jobs. Funny, when I chose the job "CIO" as one of the five, I didn't even think it was controversial. But the CIO crowd got their collective shorts in a twist.
- 2011 Predictions: Economy Stalls, Obamacare Dies, iPhone Rules. BTW, one of these predictions is already coming true, with the revelation that there is gangstersism and murder in Apple's supply chain.
- Is Debrahlee Lorenzana Too Sexy for a Sales Job? Her huge boob job got her 15 minutes of fame and glory. It also hit a lot of raw nerves from both sides of the gender divide.
- Five Mega-Trends That Will Shape the Next Decade. As usual, when I point out the obvious, the right-wing nut cases start accusing me of being "liberal". The comments here are study in stupidity.
- Biggest Brand Winners of the Decade. How dare I suggest that "Atheism" is a brand and that it's become more popular and respectable?!?!! I guess a dozen best selling books don't count. Again, the comments are priceless.