Ryan Sager, a blogger who deserves credit for finding this report, is surprised that the majority of workers don't think their bosses are narcissistic. Nevertheless, for those employees that do toil under an egomaniac, the impact is significant.
According to the researchers, employees working under self-centered bosses reportedly:
- Had lower levels of job satisfaction
- Saw their stress levels increase over the previous year
- Were less appreciative of their work and organization
- Had lower levels of effort and performance
- Were more prone to sadness and frustration at work