Last Updated Feb 9, 2009 9:56 PM EST
- Self-awareness --- the ability to read one's emotions.
- Self-management --- controlling one's emotions and impulses.
- Social awareness --- empathetically understanding others' emotions.
- Relationship management --- emotionally inspiring and influencing others.
- Self-awareness --- knowing what comprises core emotional drives of your temperament.
- Self-management --- learning to control and moderate your core emotional drives.
- Social awareness --- learning to recognise the core emotional drives of others.
- Relationship management --- using the knowledge of another's core emotional drives for inspiration and influence.
The questionnaire is based on Humm-Wadsworth model (or Humm for short). This model says we are all slightly insane that we have seven core emotional drives. The following website gives a good introduction to the seven styles.
The centre of the ancient world was Delphi, home of the famous oracle. Inscribed on the main temple were the two secrets of life. The first was "Know yourself." Conscious knowledge of your core emotional drives is a key part of the journey of self-knowledge.
Did you try the questionnaire? Was it on the money?