Last Updated Oct 28, 2008 2:52 PM EDT
Gordon Orr, a McKinsey director, has come up with a list of seven possibilities although he doubts that all will take place. The list:
- China announces that by 2020 half of its cars will be electric and develops the technology to make it happen.
- China buys a 50-year lease on an entire geographic region of Mexico so it can erect factories for the North American market.
- Showing shoddy construction practices a major office building collapses in Beijing's central business district.
- A leading Chinese firm tries to buy one or two major U.S. technology firms.
- All of China's telecom is consolidated.
- The English Premier League football association buys the Chinese Super League for the enjoyment of Chian's emerging middle class.
- Taiwanese animousities abate and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China merges with Taiwan's ChinaTrust Commercial Bank.