Last Updated Sep 11, 2009 12:02 PM EDT
Notable is the new JCPenney outfitted lounge they installed on the same floor in the free space from all the people they laid off.Agencies lay people off when clients end their business with them. So was it really the smartest thing to do to blame the client for bed bugs when, let's face it, there's absolutely no proof that Penney has anything to do with this? Thousands of people enter the Saatchi building every day, it could be any of them.
This kind of nonsensical reaction is to be expected from ad folk, judging by their response to two cases of swine flu that occured at R/GA recently:
"PEOPLE ARE FLEEING," one source tells me. "The whole 4th floor is hysterical right now."Anticipating that kind of reaction, Saatchi sent everyone a memo that said:
If you have any health concerns, feel free to work from home tomorrow.My favorite part:
Normal environmental conditions will not exist until Saturday noon ..."Normal environmental conditions"? Are they switching off the gravity or something? My theory: It's all a coverup. Saatchi is obviously prepping the 17th floor as a landing pad for aliens who will eat the brains of the agency's staff. The scary thing is ... how we will know the difference between the aliens and the regular staff?
Text of the bed bug memo follows after the jump.
- BBDO, Saatchi Boycott Kancils After Riff-Raff Allowed Onto Jury Panel
- At Saatchi, Spivak's Feelings for "Mad Men" Recall a Less Glamorous Episode at JWT
- Will Death of Ex-Saatchi CEO Dreyfus Lift Curse of Marseille?
- Saatchi CEO Denounces "Entitlement" in Hiring; His Son is Agency's Europe HR Director
- Saatchi Web Site Being Used by Rival Agency Asabailey
- Saatchi's Roberts to "Let It Rip" on Daughter's Wedding Day
- Saatchi's Roberts Got Massages in Thailand While 401(k)s Sank and Clients Stiffed His Agency
- Saatchi Opposes Garbage Truck Depot Near Its Corporate HQ
- Saatchi Ad Offends Hindus; Client Office Ransacked by Protesters
Our testing shows that the insect condition is limited to the 17th Floor. We will continue to test other floors on an ongoing basis and react accordingly. As is normal procedure, the second phase of the eradication process will commence at 8pm Friday night and will take approximately 6 hours. Normal environmental conditions will not exist until Saturday noon. Please do not plan to work on the 17th Floor until after 12pm (Saturday). Everyone on the 17th Floor must vacate the floor by 7pm Friday night. All accessible switchplates and outlet covers will be removed during the day (Friday). In 14 days, we will re-treat the entire 17th Floor to be doubly sure that conditions are 100% satisfactory. All chemicals used are DEA and EPA registered and approved. If you have any health concerns, feel free to work from home tomorrow.