Rape suspect charged after abductee, 7, found alive

Fount Duston

CBS affiliate KWTV

ARDMORE, Okla. -- Ardmore police have arrested a man who they say raped a 7-year-old girl after abducting her from a street in southern Oklahoma Saturday.

Authorities on Sunday canceled an Amber Alert that was issued after witnesses saw the girl forced into a PT Cruiser by a male suspect on Saturday afternoon while she was walking in her neighborhood.

Police say they found the girl inside the suspect's home in Marietta, about 17 miles south of Ardmore, on Sunday morning after receiving an anonymous tip. The tipster who called said he knew a man who was "weird" who drove a car that matched the description of the suspect's car released by police, Ardmore Police Capt. Eric Hamblin told 48 Hours' Crimesider.

Following up on the tip, police located the home of the suspect, who they later identified as 34-year-old Fount Duston, according to CBS affiliate KWTV. When officers arrived there, Hamblin said Duston cracked open the door and refused to speak. That's when officers noticed he matched a description given to them by a teen who had seen a man driving a similar car in the victim's neighborhood prior to the abduction.

When Duston attempted to close the door and officers attempted to enter the home, Duston allegedly brandished a shotgun. There was a struggle over the gun, according to Hamblin, and officers tased Duston.

A short time later, the missing girl was discovered in a room in the home, according to Hamblin. She was not restrained, according to Hamblin.

The girl was interviewed and was in good condition Monday, Hamblin said.

Duston was arrested on kidnapping and first-degree rape complaints. Police say he doesn't have a criminal record and isn't on the sex offender registry.

Police don't believe the suspect knew the victim or her family.

"At least God brought my baby home. She's coming home," said the girl's father told KWTV. "We've had a lot of people and family out looking for my daughter and thank God they found her and she's OK."