Last Updated Jul 27, 2009 2:34 PM EDT
I would love to have by the end of the summer 100 people, from medical to public affairs, who have been anointed by the company and who can go out and Twitter.Pfizer is a little bit behind the Twitter-wave, which became trendy in February. So far, its tweets are well within the envelope:
Pfizer Reports Second-Quarter 2009 Results; Increases Full-Year 2009 Adjusted Diluted EPS(1) GuidanceWhy is this happening?
@jonmrich: Pfizer Twitter is real and official. Thanks for inquiring!
"We're trying to become transparent, but we're doing it slowly and cautiously," said Kerins. "For us to jump in with two feet would be stupid. The first task was to get the communications team cleaned up because we've had a bad rap in that area."(For more on Pfizer's efforts to rehab its image with the media, see here and here and here.)
One problem facing Pfizer is that its Twitter stream is at "twitter.com/pfizer_news"; someone else who appears to be unaffiliated with the company is tweeting at "twitter.com/pfizer." They appear to have gotten bored in April.
- Pfizer Sales Reps Discuss Having Sex With Doctors
- What Docs Didn't Know About Pfizer's Neurontin
- Wyeth Q2: Ah! So That's Why Pfizer's Buying This Company
- Pfizer Q2: All But 3 Drugs in Decline; R&D Spend Lowest Since 2007
- Did Pfizer Violate Foreign Corrupt Practices Act in Philippine "Bribe" Flap?
- Pfizer Exec Gets 6 Months' Home Confinement for Off-Label Bextra Sales
- Pfizer Will Fall Under Philippines Price Control; Company Ads Deny "Bribe" Attempt
- "Bribe" or No, Pfizer May Get Its Way in Philippines
- Pfizer "Bribe" Scandal in Philippines Heats Up; Company Offered Posters to the President
- UPDATED: Pfizer Accused of "Bribe" to Stave Off Price Control Law in Philippines
- Pfizer Catches Flak for Giving Drug Discounts to Some But Not All Filipinos
- Pfizer to Close S.F. Biotech Center in Favor of Unit Accused in Patent Suit
- Pfizer Patent Suit Could Make Elan Bapineuzamab Talks Go a Whole Lot Easier