If you're running Outlook on a big monitor, you may have noticed that your e-mail message list is hard on the eyes. That's because by default, Outlook chooses a pretty small font size for it. (I'm referring to Outlook 2003 and 2007; not sure if things have improved in 2010.)
Fortunately, you can change that font size to something a little larger -- it's just a matter of knowing where in Outlook's labyrinthine menu system to look.
- With your inbox showing, click View, Current View, Customize Current View.
- Click the Other Settings button.
- Click the Row Font button.
- Choose a larger font size. In my before-and-after examples below, I bumped it from 8 to 10.
- Click OK three times to exit the various dialogs.
More on BNET: