Look, I don't want to burden you with a whole load of stuff just as you're about to take a bit of a break, so I'll keep this simple.
Whether you love or hate New Year resolutions (put me down for the latter by the way), there's no denying this is a good time to think about what you'd like to change for next year.
There's nothing quite like closing your doors for a short while knowing that you've created a brighter picture for the future. It's like closing the fridge, knowing your yummiest, healthiest food is inside waiting for you whenever you're ready.
Here then are my five business nutrients. Eat as much or as little as you want. We'll make sandwiches out of the leftovers:
1. Surround yourself with the finestWow! Imagine a business where everyone is totally cool at what they do. Is this possible? Sure is. You just need to think about it and resolve (there's that word) to make it happen. Few get to the top by putting up with second best.
2. Eliminate the stuff that bugs youYep, that old chestnut. Tell yourself you're not going to take it any more. Better still tell someone else, as accountability is powerful. Plan a way to change. Look for solutions. If things don't change, they stay the same.
3. Develop the workstyle you wantSometimes we lose sight of what we want, choosing instead to go with the flow. Maintaining our workstyle can appear out of our control.
In my coaching I regularly talk to people who have, in effect, forgone their ideal workstyle in the pursuit of business.
"How did I get here?" is the common cry from those whose businesses are effectively run by their clients. Conforming is ok as long as you're happy. If you're not enjoying it, resolve to change. Whose business is this anyway?
4. Put yourself firstPutting yourself first does not mean ignoring the needs of others, rather making sure you do not ignore your own needs and wants.
I'm talking about ensuring you establish boundaries --- boundaries that allow you to do your best and be your best.
Top Tip: Boundaries only work when others know they are there. You've got to tell 'em.
5. Become a supermodelAnd finally, if you'd like the world of business to be beautiful, you must model being beautiful yourself. We cannot complain about poor service, low business integrity or anything such things until we do it 100% right ourselves.
Here's to a 2009 that's as good as it can possibly be.