Remember Pogoplug, the little gizmo that turns a USB hard drive into network-attached storage? Well, it's back, and it's...pink.
This second-generation 'plug offers some intriguing new features, including support for up to four external drives, but we're having a hard time getting past the...pink.
Granted, the Pogoplug was never expressly intended for business users (despite it having myriad small-business applications), but the new design will almost certainly keep non-consumer buyers away in droves. Men, too.
If you're not as small-minded as I am and think you'd buy the $129 Pogoplug despite its DayGlo appearance (or even because of it), here's a rundown of what's new in this version:
- Automatic synching with your music, movies, and files
- Vastly increased storage and sharing capacity (the aforementioned four drives)
- Drag and drop slide show creation
- Easy video and music streaming from your Pogoplug anywhere in the world -- even your iPhone
- Global search across multiple drives and Pogoplugs
You can preorder the Pogoplug 2 now; shipping is expected to commence by the end of the year. Laughter is expected to taper off shortly thereafter.