For the first time in professional basketball history, the average National Basketball Association team is worth more than $2 billion.
According to Forbes, the New York Knicks are the league's most valuable franchise at $4.6 billion. Second on the list — the Los Angeles Lakers at $4.4 billion, followed by the Golden State Warriors at $4.3 billion.
Rounding out Forbes's top 10:
- Chicago Bulls ($3.2 billion)
- Boston Celtics ($3.1 billion)
- Los Angeles Clippers ($2.6 billion)
- Brooklyn Nets ($2.5 billion)
- Dallas Mavericks ($2.4 billion)
- Toronto Raptors ($2.1 billion)
- Philadelphia 76ers ($2 billion)
Renovations completed in 2013 to the Knicks' home stadium, Madison Square Garden, last year helped boost the team's value 11%. The Knicks, Warriors and Lakers were also the NBA's biggest revenue generators, according to Forbes. For 2018-19, the Knicks brought in $472 million, while the Warriors and Lakers generated $440 million and $434 million, respectively.