Last Updated Jul 23, 2010 11:36 AM EDT
Here are the top ten "brand disasters of 2010" in alphabetical order, followed by the 10 biggest blunders they made, also in alphabetical order. Match the company to the disaster, then click on the link below to get the correct answers.
- 1. Adobe (ADBE)
- 2. BP (BP)
- 3. Dell (DELL)
- 4. Goldman Sachs (GS)
- 5. Google (GOOG)
- 6. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- 7. Nokia (NOK)
- 8. Research In Motion (RIMM)
- 9. Sony (SNE)
- 10. Toyota (TM)
- A. Becoming a niche vendor for business usage.
- B. Can't get a viable smartphone to market.
- C. Caused a major environmental disaster.
- D. Contributed to worldwide financial meltdown.
- E. Killed customers due to faulty equipment.
- F. Left the Chinese market in a huff.
- G. Lost competitive edge in game consoles.
- H. Polluted factories making children's medicine.
- I. Shipped faulty products to hospitals.
- J. Support on Apple handhelds cancelled.