Arguably one of the best free IT tools of all time, Spiceworks provides network management and monitoring, a user helpdesk, equipment inventory, and more. The just-released Spiceworks 4.0 makes a good thing even better. Here's a rundown of just a few of the new and improved features:
- You can customize the user portal with your company's logo and colors.
- You can add knowledge articles and FAQs to the user portal.
- The helpdesk now supports Exchange 2007.
- Helpdesk tickets can be copied to other users.
- The overhauled interface now has top-level tabs, one-click operations, and "crumb trails."
- A new network map (still in beta) provides a visual overview of connected devices and their bandwidth consumption.
If you want a firsthand look at 4.0's new features, there's a free 60-minute Spiceworks Webinar scheduled for July 14.
In the meantime, if you're an IT manager for an SMB and you haven't tried Spiceworks, what on Earth are you waiting for? [via Confessions of a Freeware Junkie]